Saturday, March 29, 2008

Great Tip for Packing for Spring Break!

I was sharing this little tip with a friend recently and she thought it was as brilliant as I did, so I thought I'd share it with you. It's something that I came across online and it's a no-brainer really....nothing too clever about it; BUT, I had never thought to try it and it has made traveling A WORLD EASIER!!

One of the most annoying parts about traveling with young kids has been the absolute chaotic mess of clothes that inevitably end up lying around the hotel room as the kids have ravaged through their suitcase trying to find a shirt to match their pants etc. etc.

The simple tip that I came across was to pack an entire outfit for each day in one Ziploc jumbo sized bag. Each bag has a shirt, pants, socks and undergarments in it. I then also packed one ziploc bag that was full of all of the pj's for the vacation and another bag that was labeled "Sunday" with the dress clothes in it.

We tried this on our recent trip to Florida and it made such a huge difference! Each morning I just had the kids grab their baggie full of clothes and we were on our way! Every night at bedtime they knew that if they just found the baggie that was labeled "PJ's" they could easily find their pajamas.

It's such a simple concept but it made this past vacation SO much more pleasant. I didn't find myself constantly cleaning up after they had removed every item from their suitcase and left them in a heap on the floor!:) BRILLIANT! I hope it will help you enjoy your spring break a bit more also! :)



No comments: