Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Tables Have Turned...

If you had told me 6 months ago that I would be working full-time and that my husband would become the primary care-giver to our kids, I would never have believed you...but that's the reality of our world right now.

God has been so good to us and we both feel completely blessed. When all was said and done and I began working full-time, we added up the cost of daycare and found that if Donn was working we would actually be losing money.

It took a few days for us to both come to terms with what that really meant, but this morning I kissed my family goodbye as I headed out the door to work. In the meantime, Donn spent the day with Elle and Brekyn and worked on many details for the ministry.

As we look at the situation now, we can see that it is the most ideal situation. Since we have gotten here, Donn has been SO busy working that he's had very little time to get much ministry planning done. All of a sudden, he's finally got the time AND he gets to be with the kids.

We are all doing really well and feeling very blessed! God is good!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So glad you have a good job - and that God is working and using all of you! Don't always comment..but have been following along and supporting you with prayer!

Not sure I could manage full-time back in the work world...you go girl!!

amy said...

I have enjoyed reading how encouraged you are remaining. Your positive attitude/spirit through this HUGE change is really encouraging to me as I am trying to still find my way amidst our change/relocation.