Friday, March 5, 2010

He remains steadfast...

He remains steadfast...

I reminded myself of this truth often last night. Over and over again I repeated those words in my mind as I sat with the group of people who are quickly becoming "family" for us here.

Part of me expected the phone call. Part of me was shocked by it.

Neverthless; HE remains steadfast.

We were just finishing up dinner with our life-group when I glanced at my phone to see that someone had called a few times in a row.

As I listened to the message left by the woman on the other end; my heart sank. I knew what she was going to say:
"Cyndie...call me immediately." were her words.

I picked up the phone and called to find a precious woman on the other end of the phone whose heart was broken by circumstances.

It was the sweet woman who is buying our house in Charlotte. Between sobs, she explained that she had just gotten word that her loan had fallen through.

"Not again..." I thought to myself. "Lord, I don't want to start this process over for the third time."

And yet, I felt God's peace.

I can't say what will happen from here. We are now left to put our home back on the market - yet again.

Sure, part of me is angry that God won't just allow this to be easy. But then I remember that not all of Abraham's journeys were filled with luxury hotels, perfect circumstances and ease.

The Lord remains in control.

Please pray for a few specific things.

First, pray for the Charlotte buyer and her daughter who have become friends to us. Pray for God to wrap His arms around them and give them peace. This is a very trying time for them and they are questioning many things right now.

Secondly, please pray for our kids. They have been through so much transition in the last few months and the house sale in Charlotte (and consequently our house purchase here) was the "normalcy" on the horizon. Pray for their hearts to be protected as we break the news to them that we will no longer be able to purchase the home here in NY.

Third, pray for stamina. I trust God and I know Him well enough to know that He orders all things. But today I'm tired...I'm sad and I'm waiting on a miracle of sorts.

But, this is the God we serve.

He remains steadfast and in the big picture of life...these are only small rocks.

This world is not our home...Lord, let us never forget it.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Well be praying. You're right...God is steadfast. His plans are perfect. I can't wait to see what He has in store for you, your family, the ministry, and the family that was planning to buy your Charlotte home. God bless! Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh Cyndie, I am so sorry for you and Donn and especially for this woman and her daughter. I am sure her struggles are big and discouraging. Thank God He is able to do abundantly more than we ask or think. Often, we just can't see it and we get discouraged. Pastor Livingston preached on this very subject today. You all would have been very encouraged What is God doing in your lives? What has He prepared for you? Hang on tight and trust Him when you cannot see it in the here and now. We'll be praying! Love, Kevin & Tracy

Anonymous said...

One of our daughters, Julia Faith, asks us to sing "Great is Thy faithfulness" to her at bedtime. We are asked to sing this song because she loves to hear her name :). What started out as a sweet little song geared to make her smile, has become such a blessing to us. Each night we sing, I am reminded of His great faithfulness! We will keep praying...and singing!
Davidson's