Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Reality...

Sometimes there's just nothing left to do but admit the reality.

Sometimes the reality is simple.

Sometimes you can know for certain that you are living God's will, but you can long with deep sadness for days gone by.

Sometimes you just ache...

Sometimes you miss your deep friendships that were closer than you ever knew friends could be...The friends who knew exactly what you were like and loved you anyway.

Sometimes you miss the life of being the one who leads Bible studies instead of the one who leads Fundraising meetings.

Sometimes you miss the days of waking up and having time to get your own kids dressed for the day.

Sometimes you just miss yourself.

You...the way you used to be...The writer who had time to write. The leader who had time to study.

Lord, I pray for a thankful heart and for the strength to remember that, even on bad days, You are the reason we are here and You are worth it.

I pray for glimpses of You and reminders of who I am in You.

I pray for more of You.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cyndie,

Remember me???? I LOVE the pictures of your house (that is your house below, right???) It's beautiful! WOW! Gorgeous!

I love your post about being thankful and aching for days gone by and what we use to be. I have heard this before and I'm sure you have to that the only thing in this life that doesn't change is Jesus and change.............life is a constant series of adjustments, and so I can totally relate to all you miss.

I'm sick today which has given me a chance to visit some of my friends online whom I love and miss. :)

How are you?

Email me sometime at tammynischan@yahoo.com!!! Your daughter is gorgeous! I am so excited about your "prince" too!!

I love you, Cyndie.

Have a great day and I'm thankful for who you are this very minute!

Hugs from Kentucky!

amy said...

Change is hard for me too!
Being a military wife has brought me a lot of change...lots of moves, which means new surroundings, new houses, new friends, etc.
I just try to remember that I am constantly being molded and with each move and each change, I am being refined. It isn't always easy, and I certainly don't always go through it singing praises...but I have His grace and mercy!
You are His daughter with whom He is well pleased. You are walking in obedience and His will. You are full of His love! It shows to everyone who knows you and will meet you!