Sunday, August 16, 2009

Would you have the faith??

For some reason, God has really been speaking to me lately. That's not to say that I don't hear God at other times in my life, but as you all know, there are just some times when His words seem to be coming through more clearly.

Probably they are the times when I am listening more intently and when I'm searching for His presence in every breath I take.

This is one of those times.

Lately He has been asking me to have faith. Radical faith. Not just the "faith" that I say I have as a Christian, but a faith that is willing to live out anything...whatever He asks...Wherevever He asks...Whenever He asks...True FAITH.

He's asked Donn and I to have faith in big things - like the adoption our son Prince from Africa.

He's asked us to have faith in smaller things - like raising enough funds to send a few of our Liberian brothers through college.

He's asked us to have faith - big or little - lately it just seems to be the mantra of each and every day.

I pray hard during times like these. I find myself in a mix of pure excitement and pure terror (all wrapped into one 5'1" frame). I'm an absolute joy to live with I'm sure!! :) Don't ask Donn or the kids please :)

Whatever the case may be, I am excited to feel God so near at this point in our lives. I can honestly say that I have no clue what it is that He's got planned for our little lives, but I pray that I will always have the faith to take bold steps and trust that His grace is sufficient for anything.

Ironically, remember the whole incident with my dumb tooth the other day?? Turns out even that was something that God had orchestrated (shocking I know!).

You see, I sat in the dentist's office for an hour waiting for my appointment. Most people would have been upset. I started to get fidgety for a few minutes then a revelation hit me...NO KIDS! Here I was in a seat by myself sitting next to a table of the latest magazines and I have NO KIDS IN TOW!!!!!! HALLELUIA!!

And that's when I met God. Right there in the pages of the latest "Ladies Home Journal". I couldn't believe what I read as I flipped the pages of this article describing a family who is living out life with pure faith.

Absolute, complete abandonment!

As I sit in the midst of our life and assess how I am serving the Lord, I found it ridiculously refreshing to see a family who has taken the calling of "Go and make disciples" to a whole new level.

See what you think... Would you have the faith?? Would I???

The ARK Tour Video from Jay Loecken on Vimeo.

No comments: