Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Amazing!!

Surreal...that was the feeling I had as I looked around at a room full of people who were laughing and talking as the vision of C1 was laid out before those whom God led us to invite to be part of our Advisory Team.

Somehow, the building that felt so barren and stale just hours earlier seemed transformed as about 30 people heard the hearts of our "core" team and learned more about the mission to reach Gloversville.

As I sat and listened to the stories of how God brought our core team together and called each one of our families into this ministry, I couldn't help but sit in awe. There are so many details that have been playing out for years that brought us to this point today. We truly serve a big and mighty God!

Despite the fact that I told myself I wouldn't cry; I couldn't help but get choked up while thanking our advisory team for committing to the work. Just a short 8 months ago, Donn and I sat on our back patio in sunny Charlotte and committed to follow God's leading to Gloversville.

The road has not been easy and it has not been without trials, questions and tears, but it has been God's road. As I looked out at those in ministry alongside of us last night, I was reminded and overwhelmed by how miraculous our God is!

"And by faith, Abraham, when called, went to a place he did not know..."

Lord, let us keep the faith...let our lives be used for the change of 1.

3 comments:

Carisa said...

That's so awesome, I am so excited for you guys. Pax is actually working on a letter to Ayden, he is so excited to know he is now a missionary kid too and that he is in NY--he wants to reconnect with him!

;-) Carisa

Marian said...

Praying for you as you and your family start this new venture in growing God's kingdom! How exciting!

Flamingo said...

so proud of you!!!!!