Monday, February 8, 2010

C1 Retreat!!

So, I know it's not customary to have a retreat before you've actually gotten the ministry up and running, but as you know, we just don't go by the book when it comes to much.

And so...this weekend, we will be heading to Maine for the first Annual C1 Retreat!!

Our ministry partners, Rob and Molly, have a family home in Maine that we will be heading to for a weekend of relaxing and brainstorming ministry ideas. We are so excited!!

We will also be joined by our new friends, Doug and Lauren who have partnered with C1 since our arrival in NY. The ministry family that God has raised up is such an answer to prayer. It's crazy to think that just a few months ago, we answered this calling on our lives and immediately began praying that God would call out others to join us. Now, I stand back and realize all that God has done and I am absolutely amazed! He is so good!

God has done so much in such a short period of time and I can't begin to describe what it feels like to know that you are walking the path He's called you to walk.

4 comments:

amy said...

Wow. Things have already come so far! So exciting for you guys.
Heading to my home state...where exactly?

casey said...

That sounds wonderful Cyndie :)!! It's so encouraging to read about what God's doing - the people He's already brought to be with you guys in ministry. Enjoy Maine :)! I'm jealous :)!!

Look forward to hearing about it. Love you friend, Case

Caitlin said...

Hi, Cyndie! You don't know me, but I got your name from Jim Hughes at the Eagles. My husband just started with the Eagles, and I have been looking for a job in this area... Jim brought up your name because you had worked with a Christian adoption agency, which is something that I would love to do. Anyway, I sent an email to your ministry's address, and I have just loved reading all about your family and your new ministry on your blog... hope you don't mind! :) Hopefully we can talk more if we get the chance. I'll be praying for your exciting new ministry!

Caitlin said...

Hi, Cyndie! I know you don't know me, but I'm praying for your new ministry! :) My husband just started with the Eagles and was telling everyone there that I've been looking for a job...so then I got your name from Jim Hughes, who thought that you would be a great contact, having worked with a Christian adoption agency in the area (which is exactly the type of place that I would love to work). He gave me the email address for your new ministry site, so I sent you a message there. Anyway, I would love to talk, and I will continue to pray for you!