Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Few Lessons

Are you kidding me?? Is it really May?

These last few weeks have just flown by for me! It seems like life has picked up to mach 5 speed right now and I find myself falling into bed many nights thinking..."wow, no time to blog again today!" SORRY!

Of course, saying 'sorry' implies that you are actually sitting at home missing my posts when a day goes by without me blogging. Since that is absolutely ridiculous because I usually write about NOTHING, I will retract my 'Sorry'. I'm not sorry at all...except maybe to my Mom...I think she actually does miss my blog when it's not updated!

Anyway, in the past few days I have learned a few lessons.

1)If your child ever puts a popcorn kernel in his ear - call me...we can chat. I have a surefire way for removing it WITHOUT paying $4000 dollars to go to the ER on a Saturday night (yes, this was my Saturday night....oh, I remember the days when I used to go dancing on Saturday nights!) :)

2)Children who are coming off of anesthesia scream. Yes, that's right. Well, in my case; I have one particular female child who screams all the time anyway. Coming off of anesthesia after having tubes put in her ears makes her scream at super sonic levels....Lord have mercy. The nurses had all warned me that she would be "fussy" when waking up. Apparently her form of "fussy" must have been louder than most children. The nurse clued me in on that when she commented, "Wow...she's pretty good at this."

Hmm...my child just got labeled as being "good" at fussing. Lord have mercy.

And so there you have it...a few lessons from the last few days.

Like I said...it's an exciting life I lead! Sure; I don't go dancing on Saturday nights anymore but,come on,who could beat this?!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I too look for your blog every day.(Becky's mother in law)I'm very interested in your life.

Jennifer said...

Well...I certainly miss you when your not able to update - cause your little guys are too funny!! Popcorn in the ear! love it.