Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Reasons I've been MIA...

Yup, you got it...I've been MIA.

Nope, not really intentional. Just life. As any breathing person understands, sometimes life just seems to pick up the pace and days go by when you feel like your feet never slowed down enough to even touch the floor.

We've had a busy few weeks here and as summer kicks in, it's looking like the busyness will probably persist.

However, I've been trying to live up to my goal of really savoring my time with my kids and I've been feeling pretty good about how that part of my life is going.

On top of that I've been spending a lot of time in my "gardens" this Spring! Growing up I watched my Bop and Nana and my Mom garden a ton and the "bug" finally kicked in for me last year when my Mother-in-law helped me start one along my house.

Thanks to a great friend who divided her plants this Spring, I was recently given enough plants to start a second perennial garden out by the road. Donn and I spent all day Friday working in the garden and making it all pretty!!

This week is looking like it will also be busy as we celebrate graduation with Eden (the girl who lives with us). Can you believe it's been a year since she moved in! Now she's all growed up and going off to college! We are so proud of her and can't wait to see her accept her diploma at the end of this week!

And so, please forgive me for being a bit absent lately...In all honesty, it's kind of a good thing...it's because I'm too busy living life to sit down at the computer:).
Of course, humor me by looking at the pictures of my gardens :)!

(This is the one I planted last Spring)

(The New Garden)
(This is the beautiful "Desert Rose" that my Bop just bought for me - I was raving about how stunning his desert rose plant was when I was at his house recently and he went out and bought me one! The picture doesn't do the plant justice...it's a gorgeous plant and as it grows it has a beautiful wooden trunk!) Thanks Bop!!! I love you!




1 comment:

nanadar said...

Cyndie,
Your gardens look beautiful. I love what you've done at the road side. The wrought iron sets it off so nicely.

Love, Mom T