Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Yup, I get to...

So, here are the words I heard from Donn's buddy the other day:

"Hey Cyndie! I heard you get to go to Florida this weekend!"

I looked at this particular friend with a blank stare as I tilted my head and said, "Yes...I am going to Florida this weekend, but I don't know if I myself would have worded it that way."

You see, I will be leaving tomorrow to head to Florida for my cousin's wedding. I am absolutely SO excited to be in Florida and to see my cousin get married. I know it's going to be a beautiful wedding and I can't wait to get all dressed up and actually have someplace fun to go! I can't wait to see my parents and my family who are flying in for the occasion and I am absolutely pumped to go swimming...However...

What comes before all the fun stuff?

You got it! A 10 hour drive with 2 kids!

You see, Ayden has to stay behind because he has a huge class field trip on Friday and Donn had already agreed to chaperone.

I would LOVE the thought of driving myself to go to the wedding but Brekyn happens to be the ringbearer so it would probably be in bad taste if I showed up without him. (Sidenote: He is the cutest little kid in a tux!!)

I have thought about leaving Elle behind but most people tend to frown upon 16 month olds staying home alone (go figure)!

And so, I will set off on yet another minivan journey with the two youngest kids while my husband stays home and has a nice quiet weekend with just the 7 year old around.

Last I heard, Donn was already working out plans for his buddies to come over just about every night of the weekend.

And so, with all that said; I then turned to this particular friend and replied: "Oh yes, I get to go to Florida. I get to drive in a minivan that smells like stinky socks for 10 hours with two children 3 and under. I get to eat too many McDonalds meals along the way and I get to turn around and do it all over again just a few days later!"

Oh my, how lucky I am!

My friend just smiled, laughed and walked away.

Of course he did...he happens to be one of the guys who will be hanging out around my firepit all weekend! :)

Have a great weekend!

As a sidenote: I really am thrilled to be going to Florida for this wedding...Just couldn't pass up the opportunity to share this little conversation with you! Yippee for me!! I get to go to Florida!!

No comments: