Wednesday, November 12, 2008

And this my friends...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

You know it's never good when it begins with Ahhh!!!

Well, let's just say it's one of those days.

One of my children (who shall remain nameless) woke up at 5am to use the potty!

Yippee!! That's good right?

Sure, except that he decided he didn't want to go to the potty alone. Therefore, he went and woke up a particular brother and the two of them trapsed into our bathroom wide awake at 5am.

I don't know about you but in our house this falls into the unforgiveable sin category.

"No, you may not be awake! Close your eyes and go back to sleep!"

"But Mom, I'm on the potty!"

"I don't care...go to sleep there...just don't wake me up at 5am!"

Of course, I then followed up with the wide eyes and serious tone of "AND NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO DON'T WAKE UP YOUR SISTER!"

However, as we can all tell (by my grouchy mood) said child did wake up said sister (by singing the theme song to Barney nonetheless) and before I knew it my day had begun.

As punishment for waking up too early and disturbing his sister, Mommy took away cartoons for the day.

Oh good!

Brilliant Mommy!!

Now we have a grouchy mommy, who's tired beyond belief, and a grouchy kid who I can't even send away to watch cartoons for a few minutes.

And this my friends is why mommys shouldn't be awoken at 5am....

It's never a good thing.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

As a mommy, you learn pretty quickly that you never punish a child so that it ends up punishing you instead. Of course, it's hard to tell sometimes what will work out that way...

Hubby gave me the evening off so if you want to go get some Starbucks, play some Scrabble, and get away from all things kid, I live in Charlotte. Come join me!

Flamingo said...

see i can comment because i'm not using my windows vista right now!!!

uuugh! this is a HUUUGE no no in my house. i usually am the one to wake up the other child because i end up screaming "be quiet!!"

you are better than me. i would have put cartoons on for them and went back to bed.

Luke Holzmann said...

My wife would completely agree with you [smile].

~Luke