Friday, November 21, 2008

My poor birthday boy...

Well, this is it...the kickoff to a birthday week that I fear may last far too long.

You see, my little Ayden is turning 7 on Sunday (gulp)...For those of you who are quickly doing addition and long division in your heads to figure out how old that makes me; SHAME ON YOU!

We're all in this together ya'll!

Now back to my story....

Well, let's just say that Ayden was not going to be doing much for his birthday this year.

We don't do big friend parties every year. I'm just not that good.

However, this year, we were going to wait until Thanksgiving to celebrate Ayden's big day (while we're with all the family).

The problem is that I began feeling a little bad.

Poor little kid...no party on his birthday...no big celebration until almost a week later...that's torture to a 7 year old.

So, I planned a little dinner for Sunday. Just a few close friends out to lunch. Sure, that will be nice!

Oh yea, and there's that fundraiser for a local ministry at the kids playplace tonight!!

Ooohh...I wonder if we could go to that and label it part of the Ayden Birthday festivities!

And wouldn't you just know it; a good friend called yesterday to ask me to babysit her 7 year old son on Saturday afternoon.

How convenient!

"Wow Ayden! Mommy's invited a little friend over to play for your birthday!"

And I thought this poor child would sit home sad on his birthday weekend.

I guess it just goes to show that sometimes planning nothing at all is the best gift!:) (Sort of).

Happy Birthday my sweet Ayden! Mommy loves you forever!

Also: Happy Birthday to Ayden's ya-ya (whose official birthday was yesterday)! I love you Mom!

No comments: