Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Confession...

My son wears his underwear backwards.

That’s my confession.

In all actuality, my son is brilliant.

You see, this is the same son who took forever to potty train and is just now getting the hang of it.

I went out and bought all the coolest boy undies I could find.

Lightning McQueen, Shrek, Thomas the Tank Engine…you name it – we got it.

But, the undie makers are not so smart.

You see, on every pair of underwear they put the big picture across the bum.

Sure, maybe no one else has ever noticed that before; but to my brilliant 3 year old, that is just dumb.

The more I think about it, the more I agree with my child prodigy.

The first time we put the undies on Brekyn, he looked down and said, “Where’s Shrek?”

Hmm…

I tried to convince him that having Shrek smack dab across his bum is pretty cool, but he wasn’t buying it.

And so I gave up.

This is what I’ve realized when it comes to being a mom.

You pick your battles daily.

In my current situation, it seems pointless to fight this battle.

I’m still basking in the glory of finally having a child who will independently use the potty.

And so…my son wears his underwear backwards…who cares if his butt cheek hangs a little out the side?

You got a problem with it?

Come on; tell me what battles you’ve chosen not to fight!

I dare you!!

2 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

Makes perfect sense to me.

As for my own battles--don't have any good ones to share yet.

~Luke

Anonymous said...

Get use to it, Nicolas is now 4 1/2 and STILL wears his underwear backwards so he can see the character, dinosaur or whatever it may be that day.