Thursday, November 13, 2008

Just another quiet weekend....

Yup, it's gonna be another quiet weekend around here.

Nothing much going on.

Maybe I'll sleep in a little late on Saturday, enjoy a big quiet breakfast and catch up on my reading...

Oh wait...

Maybe not.

Maybe I'll go on a youth retreat with 297 teens instead.

Hmm...sleep in late.

Kinda doubt it.

Last year we ran out of beds in my cabin.

I got nominated to sleep on the floor.

What ever happened to respect your elders ya'll!

Yea, whatever!

You know the weirdest thing...I'm actually excited!

I know most of you think I'm insane (okay, I know I am) but I look forward to this weekend all year.

I remember the days when our youth retreats were a few kids at a beach house.

Now the Lord has us in a place where our youth group needs to rent an entire camp to fit us all.

WHAT A BLESSING!

Sure, it's crazy and chaotic and stinks to high heaven at times but I wouldn't have it any other way!

So, if you think of us this weekend, please say a prayer.

Pray for safe travels and safety for the teens and counselors.

Also, pray for the three kiddos that will be hanging out with some amazing friends this weekend (Thank you Shelby and Maryann!! You're amazing!)

I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories to share on Monday!

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

Lord, I ask that You will keep everyone safe as they travel to and from the retreat. May they all draw closer to You and encourage each other to become more like You. May this be a truly life-changing experience that prepares them for what is next in their lives. Also, keep the younger kids safe and may they enjoy their time with friends. Amen.

~Luke