Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Focus...

Do you ever feel out of focus? Like your glasses have a big smudge on them or you just can't quite concentrate on the things around you?

I've been feeling that way for a while now.

Unfortunately, I don't wear glasses and I have no vision issues...my focus is a heart problem.

In the last month God has been impressing more lessons on me than I can even begin to describe.

One of those lessons has been in the form of focus.

What am I really focusing on? Where does my ministry lie? What are my gifts, talents and passions and am I using them appropriately?

In the past few days God has brought this to my attention through countless readings that I've been doing and I am finally hearing what I believe God is saying....

"Be intentional Cyndie...figure out what I'm asking you to do and DO IT!"

So, today begins a bit of a journey for me. I have now sat and written down everything I spend my days doing.

Everything from my precious "Mom's Group" to laundry. I'm working on getting it all in black and white and then the prayer begins.

I am asking God to pare down my focus. Show me where He wants me serving...show me what things on my list are from Him.

Of course, that also means that there will likely be some things that are not "From Him".

The tough part will be making that change. It won't necessarily be easy to cut out things in my life but I've come to one major reality - I DON'T WANT TO WASTE ANY MORE TIME!!

What if my life ended tonight...what if I live my life like each moment is a precious gift instead of acting as though I have an eternity left? What if I focus on the things that matter instead of getting bogged down in the things that don't?

What if??

Of course, selfishly I would love it if God told me that I no longer need to do laundry - hmmm- something in me thinks that may be pushing it. :)

What if??

No comments: