Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Totally Proud!!!!!!!!!

I must admit that I'm a totally proud Mama today! The other day when we stumbled upon the family that sold everything and moved into an RV to travel across America helping the poor, we began watching some of the other videos on their website.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can either read my post from yesterday or just jump on their site http://www.thearktour.org/ It is really an amazing story!
Anyway, on their site they have a video clip of an idea they had of putting together little bags of toiletries and other items to keep in their car for when they pass a homeless person on the street.

Ayden was so impacted by this idea he immediately said, "Mom let's go to Target to get some stuff right now!"

Later that evening as we walked the aisles of Target with our list of items (rain ponchos, wipes, pens, etc) I watched as Ayden stopped in front of something in the toy aisle that caught his attention. Then I heard the words that any mother would be proud to hear.
To himself he said, "Ayden...it's not about you."

And there you have it!
There are SOOOOO many days when I can't say that my children's behavior has quite lived up to my expectations but on this particular day I couldn't have been more proud of my little 7 year old!

I think I may try using his little phrase the next time I walk into Target (or Ikea...as the case may be)!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Hey Cyndie, Debby, Steve's sister here, and that's an awesome story! You must be passing on some awesome faith to those kids of yours! I too carried bags in my car to hand out to folks standing on corners with the "Will work for Food" signs. My bags had crackers, canned beans, canned fruit(pop top lids), breakfast bars, etc and a Bible I got for $1. I never give money as some of it isn't used for food, but even then, they still need to eat. So tell Ayden "Way to Go!" from Aunt-in-law Deb(is there such a thing?) And he's right, it's not about us! Thanks for the reminder we all need! I think I'll make a sign for my dashboard for when I drive!

nanadar said...

Ayden,
Nana and Papa are so proud of you loving Jesus so much that it oozes out into those little packs for people who may need what's in them. By the way, the smile in the photo is so real, I see the Jesus that's inside you in that smile!!
Love, Nana and Papa