Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Proof....

Just a bit of proof that when I say I'm travelling to the "black hole" I am in fact telling you the truth.

As you all know, the other morning my mom and sisters and I all went out for breakfast. We had an amazing time of laughing too much and eating our breakfast in an old inn from the 1800's. This has easily become one of my favorite traditions of all time.

As we were leaving breakfast and discussing how late we were for an appointment, we came upon a flagman at a "construction site".

Now, if you live in a city like I do, when I say flagman and construction site it probably conjures up images of busy 4 lane highways with traffic stopped and red brake lights flashing.

As we slowed down the car and came to a stop I muttered, "ahhhh traffic" under my breath. We all laughed as we looked around at the woods surrounding us and the tiny little road that barely fit two cars on it. My sister began joking about how long the "commute" was and we waited for the traffic from the other direction to come through the "construction site."

Low and behold, as we sat and waited, along comes a person on a bike peddling down the road. The flagman then flipped his sign around and let us go through.

And that was all the proof that I needed. When I say that I'm going to the "black hole" I really mean it....Imagine that; the flagman had to stop traffic for a bike to come through. Nope, there weren't any other cars - just a bike on a tiny little country road.

I have to say, I just love this little "black hole" of a place. The biggest hindrance to a morning "commute" would be a random turkey or deer or maybe that occasional bicyclist!

And, come on, it's really not all that far to the nearest Walmart! Just go to the first stop light and take a left....granted, the first stop light is in fact an hour up the road! AHHH!!! :)

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I'm missing you guys while you're in the black hole!

Love you all!