Friday, October 2, 2009

Big News...

Well, this could in fact be one of the hardest posts I've ever written.

I know that some of you have already heard this news as it was publically announced at our church on Sunday. I had planned on posting it here that day also, but with the funerals I got a bit behind.

So, here’s the bottom line. Donn and I are moving to New York to begin a youth focused ministry there. Uggh…

I say uggh, because this has been one of the hardest decisions of our life. We are thrilled at the proposition of what God has called us to begin but we are scared, sad and will be mourning all that we are leaving behind here in Charlotte. We have been in Charlotte our entire married life and our kids were all born here. This decision has been heart-wrenching for us.

Over the past decade, we have walked life with our Southern brothers and sisters and we've been discipled, challenged and held accountable by some of the best friends we have ever known.

Never in a million years, did I expect God to call us back to New York, but in reality, we’ve realized that sometimes we don’t have a choice. We say that we trust God and that we are surrendered to His will for our lives, so now it’s time to let the rubber meet the road. We know so strongly that we’ve been called toward this new endeavor that we have realized it would be absolute disobedience if we didn’t go.

Donn has resigned from the church as of the end of November, so we are praying fervently for God to sell our house and provide a source of income in NY very quickly.

The plan is that Donn (or I) will be accepting any job we can find (yes, maybe even at Walmart). We have realized that there in no room for pride in God’s plan. College degrees don’t matter anymore…we will take whatever we can get and use it to pay our bills. We will live very simply and also be looking for monthly financial support to make up the difference.

The point is to get to this poverty stricken area; where God is not even on the radar; and begin a relevant ministry that will hopefully reach the people.

And so, that is our big news. It’s sad news, but it’s also great news.

This blog has served many purposes over the years, but perhaps the biggest has been the prayer community that has arisen because of it. I would be so blessed to know that my bloggy friends are praying as we make this major transition.

And, yes, the blog will continue....are you kidding me??? How could I go a day without my blog fix?!

Please check out our ministry site www.changeof1ministry.com

Love,
Cyndie

5 comments:

Charissa said...

I will miss you so much! I'd love to come by and see you and the family before you move. I'm excited to hear about the ministry!

Anonymous said...

Its a big change but so exciting. You and your family will be in my prayers. love, Hannah

Jennifer said...

Such exciting news! I know the transition may be challenging...but what peace there is and excitment to be found knowing that you are in God's will and following His leading. So glad you are going to continue the blog so that we can follow all that God has in store for you and your family in the months - and years - ahead!! I promise to be praying for you...

So interesting to get the news right on the heels of Sharon's news of "taking a new direction"....God is really working! :)

Dawn L said...

Cyn,
I will be praying for you guys as you continue to follow the Lord and His will for your lives. I know you will be sad to go, but I have to say that I am a little glad you will be closer to me :) I look forward to hearing more about the move through your posts. Love ya!

Julie said...

Wow...
Okay, let me say it again...WOW!
When God calls or impresses something on our hearts, and we stop and ask, all right, is this just me and my "wish I could", or is this GOD speaking??? and it comes down to the answer >God....
We move forward. yep...No doubt about it. These are the steps that are taken in FULL FAITH. Because when God makes something very clear, it usually means every step is opposite the way WE would do it. Therefore it is done trusting God is putting the next stone there in front of us to land on. THIS IS the journey of a faith-filled life. Every step bathed in prayer conversations with the ONE who leads in front of us so that we are walking in the footprints HE is leaving behind Himself for us. (yes.. even though we don't see them)
I will be praying. I will be continuing to check in and see what's happening with your journey, your wait for Prince, your sweet family, and your ministry. God Bless, Cindy. I'm glad I got to meet you and work with you ...my sis in Christ!
Julie :-)