Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nostalgia....

Shed a few tears today....

Nope, nothing major happened - no sick kiddos, no bad phonecalls...just a realization.

Today I cut down my hostas.

I realized as I mowed my lawn and cut down my hostas and perennials that it was the last time I would work on my Southern gardens.

...The gardens that I've loved so much and have worked so hard to keep up with.

...The back yard that I once worried was "way too big" to handle when we first bought this house - and yet now is my favorite part of our home.

It's a strange feeling to say such a slow goodbye to all of these things that I love so dearly.

I prayed a little prayer as the tear ran down my cheek:

"Lord, please let me plant new hostas with new roots in our new home."

And the fact is; I know He loves me so much that He will allow me to plant new gardens and new memories.

And once again, the painful freedom of sweet surrender. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

: ( i already miss that house. More than anything i miss being a part of the home that you and donn have built. A house is a house, wherever you go you guys will still have eachother and with time the new house will be home. I love you so much and i am honestly proud to say that i have a "big sister" who truly does follow the lord even when it may not be easy. I love you and i cant wait to see you guys!