Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Tile Floor...

I sat on the cold bathroom floor for an hour and a half today...

Ugghh..

Nope, I'm not sick...

Nope, it's not something I just felt like doing.

It's just the culmination of a year and a half of unsuccessfully potty training a little boy.

I decided I had enough today. After an hour of dealing with the tears over why the potty is so scary, my little boy and I had a breakthrough as we sat in the bathroom, held hands and prayed for Jesus to help.

Sometimes I wish God would answer prayers immediately.

I must admit that after an hour of the floor I was having a very heated conversation with God in my mind...I won't grace you with all the details of that little chat, but I will say that it was deep.

Nevertheless, a full hour and a half later my sweet little son smiled as he pushed out a tiny, tiny little drop.

I was doing cartwheels and somersalts and he looked at me throughly confused and said,

"Why are you so excited mom?"

Oh son, if only you understood how much my butt hurts from sitting on this tile. I'm no spring chicken you know!

Please pray...obviously I think it takes more than one drop to actually declare that my son is potty trained...we seem to have a ways to go! :)

No comments: