Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Don't be jealous...

If you come by my house today, please don’t be surprised to find a red carpet leading up to my door while I prance around the house in my old prom gown (Oh my, now there’s a picture!)!

You see, all of those secret wishes I once had of being Miss America (see here if you’ve forgotten) have now resurfaced as I checked my email this morning to find out that I am now the prestigious winner of the Smile Blog Award!
Oh, be still my heart! (Please excuse me as I wipe back the tears)…


This will go right to the top of my ridiculously long accolades pile.


Like the time I won the stuffed elephant for the writing contest in second grade (I believe I wrote a poem that mentioned both my mother and the garden hose in the same sentence)! Genius I tell you!!! Sheer Genius!!


Oh yes, and then there was the time when I won the senior superlative award for the biggest drama queen (actually I believe the title was “complainer”)…the prize was a beautiful pacifier that I now have sitting on my mantle (well, maybe not).


Nevertheless, I will now say that I accept this honor of being an accomplished blog writer and I will take my responsibilities with the utmost of seriousness. I intend to use this platform to fight world hunger and maybe make a push for free Swiss Cake Rolls each time a person enters the grocery store.


I will change the world, I tell you!!! CHANGE THE WORLD!


I want to thank all of the little people who have made me what I am today (wiping a tear from my eye).


Ahhh yes; Mr. Foster, my PE teacher in first grade…Oh, Mr. Foster…where would I be today if it weren’t for you teaching me how to do a somersault.


And who can forget the “DragonLady” (as we affectionately referred to her) who drove my school bus each morning. Her loud screams and crude jokes taught me to have thick skin as I face this big, bad, ugly world.


And of course, then there’s the sweet Mr. C; my high school Vice Principal who wrongly accused me of setting off the fire alarm and costing the school money…Oh, (sob, sob) sweet Mr. C; how you shaped and molded me into the person I am today.


Oh, don’t worry…I will never forget all of the little people in my life…You may never have the opportunity to reach the status of success that I have reached, but you will always remain in my heart.


And so , with a slight wave of my hand as my beautiful sequin dress shimmers in the sunlight I say; “Thank You for this highest of all honors.”


Please now; don’t be jealous.


Your day will come too. :)
FYI: This entire post was obviously written with a high amount of sarcasm...though I must say "thank you" to my sweet friend 'Flamingo Mama' for presenting me with this honor.
Apparently I'm now supposed to award some other blogs with this high honor....Hmm...that seems like a blog for another day!
Ooohhh...I've got you on the edge of your seats, don't I?!

No comments: