Friday, December 12, 2008

The Dumb Coffee Cakes

How long can it take to make a few dumb little coffee cakes?


You see, times being what they are, I decided that this year I would attempt to join the ranks of the domestically inclined and give it a shot at making some cute little cakes for the sweet nursery workers who help me out countless times each week at church.


Just a sweet little coffee cake.




HA!

Who could know that such a dumb little cake could take just as long to cook in the oven as a full size cake!

Come on, it's the size of my wallet for crying out loud!


Hours later I only had three little cakes made (oh wait, nope...that one just broke when I tried to get it out of the dish). Great...back down to two!

Well, at least Brekyn and I had fun together!

And, if there could be a lining on this story, I would have to say it is the simple fact that my son now believes it is imperative that the first thing you do when making a coffee cake is get a fresh cup of coffee brewing.


Seriously, go ahead and ask him...


"Brekyn, what's the first thing you do for coffee cake?"


"Get a cup of coffee!"


Some people drink wine when they cook...I drink coffee and now my three year old thinks the entire world does also!:)

Amen. Project successfully completed!





No comments: