Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Is it wrong??

Let's just be honest. There is no way that my little kiddos are going to make it to watch the big ole' ball drop tonight.

Sure, they really want to and sure I understand the excitement but come on...really...

I heard this morning about a family that re-enacts New Years every year around 8pm. Actually, I guess that wouldn't really be re-enacting...more like foretelling.

Whatever - you get the point.

The bottom line is that they can't let the kids stay up until midnight so at 8pm every year they create lots of fan fare and count down. The only saving grace is that the kids in that family can't yet tell time.

Unfortunately, mine can. Hmm...

I'll admit, I'm seriously considering changing all the clocks in my house right around 7pm...New Years might come early to our house this year! :)

Any ideas how I can get Dick Clark to drop a huge crystal ball around 8pm? :)

Happy New Years everyone!

4 comments:

Cyndie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cyndie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ha- Now that I read back on your blog I see that you were seriously considering it and not dissing the deception of the clock changing!
I am SO relieved. I was almost feeling guilty, but nope I didn't. It was great! We totally ripped off your idea of changing the clocks and added that to our typical 8pm faux countdown and it went fantastically.
Thanks for the great suggestion!

Flamingo said...

holy cow it works!!!!

ok its too funny because i thought of recreating this too! i suggest watching the ball drop on you tube...it has to be on there...everything is!!