Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Studly Hubbies and Studlier Fathers...

A huge part of me feels like I'm walking around Nottingham with Robin Hood beside me.

Stick with me here...

You see, I'm walking between the trees where it is cool and dark and the path is windy then out from behind a bush an arrow comes shooting my way.

As a matter of fact, the last few days I have felt like I am ducking from various arrows that dart across my path.

I'll admit, I'm pretty tired of it.

It's not easy to feel like every night ends with a recap of what's broken, what's not been accomplished and what the checkbook is looking like. However, I must admit that God has shown through bright and clear every single time.

Last night I quickly wrote the post regarding our computer crash and I proceeded to sit and shed a few tears beside my Studly Father (you see, I refer to my studly hubbie all the time...I figure if my hubbie is studly than God must be a studly guy too).

Anyway, the point is that God is very real and saw that I needed to feel taken care of. He calmed my spirit and then He sent my Studly Hubbie to sweep in and come up with a solution.

"Ironically" I had completely forgotten about the old computer that we had sitting in a closet for Ayden to play games on.

In true RobinHood fashion (minus the green tights), my studly hubbie stayed up late into the night hooking up the ancient computer and getting it working well enough to be used for my new job.

I can't begin to describe to you how awesome God is...there's no doubt in my mind that God knew exactly how to steer my husband to best help me through my tears. Sure, it was just a computer; but as we all know, it wasn't really ever about the computer. It was about the attack. It was about a lot of life's arrows coming in at the same time and overwhelming me.

I am SO grateful that my Father knows exactly what I need in every moment.

Today it is still dark and cloudy outside and truthfully it's still been a day of trials, but the one thing that I have certainly seen is God's light shining in through the clouds. He's always there...He's never been farther than my heart.

2 comments:

E said...

You have a new job...what is it???

Luke Holzmann said...

Woo-hoo! I love it when things turn around so quickly. Studly indeed! [smile]

~Luke