Friday, January 9, 2009

Working Moms

Let me just start by saying that being a mom is hard...being a working mom...hmm.

Today was my first day of work. I woke up even earlier than normal...made school lunches, jumped in the shower, rifled through my closet trying to find my "fancy pants", dressed a three year old, made some coffee, dried my hair, fed a one year old, woke up a 7 year old, practiced spelling words (not for me), tried to find a shirt that didn't have snot on the shoulder....

And the list goes on.

I got home a bit ago and now I have a few things to catch up on for the consulting work I do for the adoption agency.

And yet; I am smiling...this past week has been incredible as I've watched God pull together his plan for our family. I am thrilled for my kids to wake up from their naps and for Ayden to get off the bus...

Hugs all around. :) We made it through day one!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yea...God is good, isn't He? Glad you not only made it through but had a good week!

Flamingo said...

you got a job??? did i miss a blog post?

are you working full time, part time? please tell

holy cow girl.. you accomplished more in your early morning than i do all day. perhaps i should get a job too:)

Anonymous said...

Rock on working mama! Wear that snot stained shirt with pride b/c like me you don't have a choice!
I hope the 2nd week goes just as well.
Heather Chapman