Friday, April 24, 2009

New Adventures...

This is a big day for me. No, I'm not putting on my cape and saving the planet today but today is a momentous day nonetheless.

You see, today I am going camping for the first time ever!!!

Okay, not exactly true...I went camping once in college but it was for a class and it was really more like hanging out in the woods all day while we did dumb trust falls with strangers. An absolute blast as you can tell...

Anyway, today we are loading three car seats in my hubbie's truck and headin out to the woods with a camper in tow (that we borrowed from a great friend - thanks Lindsey!) Someday maybe we'll do the tent thing but I'm taking baby steps ya'll.

I must admit; I AM SO EXCITED!

We told Eden the other day that we were going camping this weekend and she got a little worried when she came home last night and saw a pop-up fully erected in the driveway. She came in the house and said, "You've got to be kidding me!"

"What? What's wrong?" Donn said.

"You told me you were going camping but I didn't think you meant in the driveway!"

Oh Eden...thanks for the vote of confidence....we're not quite that hick! A little bit maybe...but not that much! Granted, we are driving a 1992 truck with 3 car seats in the back...hmm...maybe we're more hick then I had realized...uggh. Actually, I think we're okay until we start making the kids ride in the back bed.

And so, say a prayer that no tigers come eat us (that's the only thing Brekyn is worried about...it's his first camping trip too!)

Have a great weekend!! We'll see you on the flipside!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first time I ever went camping was in the Canadian Rockies with my parents and sisters and we wree in TENTS. We teased our Mom all night long about the bears coming. I have some of the sweetest memories and greatest photos EVER from that weekend. TAKE LOTS OF PICS!!!!

Luke Holzmann said...

Awesome!

Have a great time [smile].

~Luke

Julie said...

hee hee, have fun Truax fam. All of my camping experiences had "stories"!!! But the one that turned me off was in girl scouts. Tents with raised platforms. A white dog ran through our tent in the middle of the night. someone said it was a ghost...(of course after a night around a campfire of s'mores and ghost stories... Talk about heart-stopping shrieking screaming banshees... (girl scouts can be louder than cheerleaders when startled! {:-o
Anyway, I don't like camping! Maybe having a Marine around will change my mind one day, and a couple of dogs too...maybe...
have fun. :-)
Julie <><

Angela said...

What was the name of the place you went? I know you only told me last night, but I can't remember!