Monday, April 27, 2009

We survived!

We had a wonderful weekend camping! I have to admit that I think the key is actually having a camper...no worries about rain seeping in the tent; AC at night....in all actuality, it was the most comfortable "camping" I could ever imagine.

Ayden kept telling people we were going "Cheat Camping." He also told us that real camping means you sleep in the woods and only eat worms and leaves. Have fun kid...you can go camping like that on your own! I'll stick to my woosy camper! We are so grateful to our friends for loaning us the camper!

Short of a few arguments between the boys (one of which ended with one boy throwing the other boys' shoes in the lake) all went well. In the end, my good friend offered to take Elle overnight so we ended up just taking the boys (which made life a lot easier)! Thanks Maryann!!!

It was a great weekend and I know that the memories will be with us forever!








4 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

I love that last picture!

Glad everything went so well, despite the shoe incident [smile].

~Luke

nanadar said...

Cyndie,
I LOVE the photos of your camping trip. A/C at night?? Yup, that's the woosy camping experience!! Just tell the boys real campers don't wear PJs -- I noticed them in one photo!! The "guys" photo that's a beautiful silouette is a prize winner!!
Love, Mom

Julie said...

Awesome memories!....and pics!!
Where did your gang go???

Welcome home.

Today was the last Anchor. Joey came after weeks of being absent. He told me he went to New York and had NO treatments. (high five) :-)

Hope you all are well.

Dawn L said...

Cyn! We grew up at Camp of the woods....does that not count for camping? :)You are a brave woman in my book! If you can do it I guess I will try...you continue to inspire me..hehe.:) love Dawn