Friday, July 24, 2009

Philly 2009!!

We had a wonderful time in Philly bringing VBS to the Kensington neighborhood.
Ayden and I went together on this trip and joined many other families from our home church.
I was SO proud of Ayden and how comfortable he was in the unfamiliar territory. He even showed us all up as we walked the streets of the neighborhood inviting kids to VBS. I stood from behind watching him talk away to perfect strangers and I thought to myself, I could have a little Billy Graham on my hands. I was SO proud!!
Apparently he has no fear of talking to strangers (hmm...where does he get that)?

In the end we ministered to about 75 neighborhood children through our VBS program and the entire week was an amazing blessing! I am so grateful that I finally got to go and see first hand what the ministry of Cornerstone Church is all about.

2 comments:

nanadar said...

Cyndie,
I love the photos, especially the one of you and Ayden (aka future Billy Graham!)

Regarding the last photo, where did Ayden put the tat?? OR were the kids waiting for you!!

Love, Mom

Kathleen said...

What a great opportunity to show your son how to be the hands and feet of Jesus. It will also be a special memory that just the two of you will share. Great photos and it looks like God was doing some wonderful things for the chidlren of Philly...