Thursday, December 17, 2009

Executive Decision...

I just pulled rank and made an executive decision.

You see, I have an amazing friend who knows that my biggest love in this life are my swiss cake rolls (well; and my coffee). This sweet friend brought a few swiss cake rolls to our Mom's group today in honor of my last day there. I ate one at the the luncheon and then my friend told me to bring the rest home.

At first I refused since I have NO will power and knew I would just eat them by the time I got home, but then I decided that I would save them and give them as a treat to the kids in their stockings.

Then I got home.

When I got home the reality of all I still have to pack kicked in and I began to stress.

I made myself a cup of coffee but it didn't work.

And then I looked over to the counter...sitting so nicely strewn in amongst all the piles of papers and lunch boxes were the 2 remaining swiss cake rolls....Sigh.

And, so I made an executive decision.

I need a little peace and quiet and a break from all the emotions and chaos.

I need two things - my Bible and a swiss cake roll.

So, I apologize to my poor children. Mommy thought she'd have the strength to save the treats for your stockings but, alas, they are now gone...

And now I must be off...gotta spend some time with my Father and my swiss cake rolls.

Better luck next time kids.

1 comment:

Deb said...

There are few perks of being a Mom of young kids! Wait until they get older! They'll take them from you and gobble them down before you ever get in the car, so just realize they're time is coming and until then, enjoy the perks of motherhood!