Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Moving Boxes and Post-It Notes...

It's seems like no matter how hard I try lately, I look up at the clock and realize that it's almost time for some kids to wake up from naps and my blogging time has once again gone to the birds (gasp!)

In an effort to give you some insight into our crazy life, I will do a really quick update now before I hear the pitter patter of little feet.

Donn is currently in NY and we are praising God that his truck and he made it safely there! He arrived last night and is working today doing some temp stuff for his uncle who is a CPA. It's a huge blessing to have him be able to make a little money during this interim time.

We have also been blessed as Donn has received a part-time job at a facility that works with special needs people. It's only PT now and doesn't pay very well, but it truly is a blessing and hopefully it will go into FT soon. In the meantime, it's what God has given us so we'll take it. He begins the training for that position in January.

In the meantime, as we've been looking at job opportunities in NY, we've realized that most of the FT jobs are geared more toward my administrative capabilities. Because of that, we decided that it makes sense for me to begin looking for FT work. I sent out two resumes last week for secretarial positions. I haven't done secretarial work in a long time but when the options are few you take what you can get.

I was incredibly blessed to receive a call the next day from one of the employers letting me know that they are currently in the process of trying to get approval for adding a Marketing Director to their company. He then mentioned that since my work has always been in the Marketing Director realm, he would like to meet with me about that. Of course, none of it is set in stone just yet, but it truly blew my mind to think that God might actually give me a job doing exactly what I do here from my home office!

And finally, with all of the change of events and with me now scheduling interviews, the realization that I need to get to NY has kicked in. And so, the kids and I will officially be leaving on Saturday. We had always hoped that the house would be sold by the time we left, but it just doesn't seem to be God's plan right now.

And so I am surrounded in a sea of boxes and post-it notes as we prepare to officially make the move to NY. It's been a bitter-sweet week as I think of closing this chapter of my life but I can honestly say that I think I am ready. God has brought us through so much in the last few months and we've seen innumerable blessings. I am ready to see what He has planned for NY and for our family!

3 comments:

Beth Lynn said...

Cyndie,
Seeing you on Facebook reminded me to check your blog to see what's going on. That is all wonderful news! We'll be praying for you & keeping up with you here and on FB!
Beth Lynn

Julie said...

Oh my, if I had known you were leaving this weekend, I would have hugged you goodbye after the Messiah Sunday night... :-(
BUT!, New York or bust! ...God bless you all as you get there, settle in, watch His wonderful care and provision begin to unfold up there, and cling to Him. As my Marine says...whenever they move about...it's Adapt and Overcome., and this we do in the Holy Spirit's power every day, no? God is good.> will miss seeing you around CCC! I will keep in touch via your blog. Keep writing as you have the time. God bless, Cyndie!

amy said...

How amazing it is to read how the plan has unfolded exactly as the Lord has ordained.
We look forward to hearing more testimony to how faithful the Lord is!
Blessings upon the Truax family!