Monday, December 7, 2009

Short Term Memory...

Praise the Lord I have short term memory (in some cases; VERY short term memory)!

You see, the other day it hit me that my sweet little poofy haired girl is turning 2 in just a few days.

Sure;for many moms that would mean a quick assesment of gifts purchased and cake choices - But not for me.

For me, the age 2 holds another VERY significant meaning...

NO MORE PACI's and time for a BIG GIRL BED!

AHHH!!

And so; with just 6 days to go before the big 2, we have "mailed all the paci's to Santa to give to other babies" and we have converted the crib into a toddler bed.

Surprisingly...the paci thing seemed to go okay. Not sure what in the world Santa is gonna do with a bunch of used paci's but that's his problem not mine!

The big girl bed???

Well, let's just say I have finally stopped putting her clothes back into her drawers and yesterday I had the distinct pleasure of searching the house for the "secret key" in order to get into her bedroom after she locked the door.

Add in the simple fact that Daddy has left for NY and I think it's safe to say that I may in fact be in a rubber room by the end of the week! :)

Soooo; all I can say is praise the Lord for short term memory...you see; somehow, with each child I manage to forget how much I hate these little "stages" of life.

Next up - potty training....Hmm...pretty sure I hate that "stage" also. :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

We're getting ready to convert to the big kid bed, too! You've scared me!!!

Anonymous said...

Cyndie,

You make me smile! I hope you are smiling too. I miss seeing you and the kids each week sooooooo much. I hope you won't ever need a rubber room. I know God will help you get through the "stages" of life. I miss seeing your face.

Sarah