Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We made it!!

After a trip that was delayed a day due to the HUGE storm, and then involved a 4 hour stint sitting on Hwy 81 in Virginia with the car off so we didn't run out of gas before reaching an exit (aka - no DVD player!!) and then a hotel stay in PA because of black ice - we are FINALLY here!! (How d'ya like that run-on sentence!!)

We are getting settled in and finding it quite the adventure fitting all our "stuff" into our college dorm (I mean bedroom):)

The interview that I had scheduled for Monday had to be rescheduled until after the new year because we got stuck in the storm and ended up behind schedule. I'm bummed not to have made it, but I am trusting that, once again, God has a reason for all of these delays. As we've continuously seen, this entire adventure is in God's hands...He's made it very clear that there is NOTHING that is going to be on our schedule!

Ayden and I spent today getting him registered in his new school where he walked around with the principal and met a few teachers who knew his YaYa.

It was 15 degrees here this morning and although my car is desperate for a wash because of the snow we drove through to get here; I am unable to clean it for fear that it would freeze shut if I do:)

On the bright side, I love wearing the cute scarves that I've had for years and never really needed in Carolina.

So, all in all, we're doing well. We're getting settled in and praying for God's direction now that we're here. We're happy to be back together again and I can't thank you enough for your prayers. We know that MANY of you prayed us into NYS and we feel so blessed! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, of course, that you are now going to have to post EVERY DAY, since I can no longer get my own personal daily update!! And I need LOTS OF PICTURES AND VIDEOS!!

So glad you are there and safe and settling in. Miss you all very much, but thankful God is sovereign and knows best.

When does Donn start his job?