Friday, December 18, 2009

The Other Side...

Well, this is it.

The internet gets shut off today and Lord willing, we will drive away tomorrow from this place we have called home for over a decade.

It's a hard day - but a good day.

The day is not without tears and heartache and, the more I've thought about that, the more I've felt blessed by that.

For almost 11 years our family has "grown" in this amazing Southern town. We have fallen more in love here, had our children here, laughed with our friends here and cried with our "family" here. I can't imagine what it would be like if we found it easy to leave this place. I feel honored that leaving here is heart wrenching because I know that means I have lived life well here.

There is much being lost - but so much more being gained.

Following this calling is by far, the hardest thing we have ever done; but there are times when you need to take the step to get out of the boat.

This is that time in our life.

And so, I bid you farewell for the final time from my Southern home. Though the words sting as they come off my lips, they also bring with them a great amount of excitement and anticipation for things to come.

Lord, I thank you for this chapter of my life and what it represents. It's a very hard chapter to close, but I turn the page knowing full well that you are on the other side.

1 comment:

Charissa said...

Miss you already! I hope you have a safe trip. Praying for you and the family!