Friday, August 29, 2008

Here She Comes...Miss America & A Chicken...

Did you ever wonder what it would feel like to be Miss America?

Now, don't get me wrong...I have not spent countless hours imagining myself in a trailing evening gown with a beautiful gold sash wrapped around my perfectly sculpted abs; but, on occassion I have wondered what it would feel like to have the world staring at me as I did a slight wave of the hand in ever so delicate fashion.

Will I ever get to experience that feeling?

Probably not....that is, unless the Miss America 'powers that be' decide they're replacing sculpted abs with muffin-top abs, or long flowing locks with thin frizzy hair as a prerequisite.

Maybe then I might get my chance to be Miss America.

Nevertheless, I may come closer than ever before when I crawl out of bed tomorrow morning and hoist myself up on the back of a pickup truck where I'll sit and wave to the world (okay, okay; just my town) during the annual Labor Day Parade.

Aren't you all just green with envy?:)

Don't you worry, I'll post plenty of pictures of the big event!

The last parade our family attended had a Wing Restaurant that was throwing rubber chickens from their float.

Brekyn is fully convinced that we will be throwing chickens at the crowd.

No matter how much I've tried to convince him otherwise; he refuses to believe it.

Of course, you realize that the minute we get on the float and my child realizes there's no rubber chickens, there will be major weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I can just picture it now...maybe I ought to throw a few tysons in my purse just in case.

Nevertheless, for better or worse; we'll be the goofy little 'red, white and blue' family on the back of the adoption float and; oh yes, you can bet I will practice my delicate little hand wave!

Be still my heart!

If there are major declines in adoptions when Monday rolls around, don't say I didn't warn you.

Stay tuned, if you dare!

Happy Labor Day!

1 comment:

Jami said...

GO GIRL GO!! :)

That is great! :)