Friday, May 30, 2008

Praise God For Hokey Homes...

There's no doubt about…I am far from a morning person AND YET; here’s the weird thing; morning is my most favorite time of day!

You see, the simple act of dragging myself out of bed is torturous to me. I hem and haw (and yes, I am one of those people who presses the snooze button for an hour or more). I always have good intentions; but I rarely follow through. In the end, I drag myself out of bed at the drop dead last minute (AKA: just enough time to get Ayden ready for school).

However, once I’m awake; I couldn’t think of a more perfect time of the day! The sun is rising, the coffee is brewing (one of God’s greatest miracles, I believe), and everyone is refreshed and anticipating what this new day will hold.

This morning I sat at the kitchen table and thought about how truly blessed I am. Each and every morning, my incredible husband makes us all breakfast (eggs, hashbrowns, and today we even had bacon)! He pours me a coffee (mixed to perfection with french vanilla creamer) and then my most favorite tradition of all begins…we sing.

Okay, I know that sounds incredibly hokey…it is hokey really. But this hokey little tradition has become one of my favorite parts of the day. It started years ago when I bought a package of eggs… I know that sounds absurd, but it’s true.

You see, I bought some eggs at my local store and when I opened them up I noticed that they had a bible verse on the inside. Truly something you would only see in the South!! The minute I saw the verse I was reminded of a song that many of us learned at summer camp as kids. I began singing the song to myself and the rest is history.

This morning, as I was thinking about how blessed I am, I thought I would grab my camera and give you all a glimpse into a morning at our hokey little home. PRAISE GOD for hokey homes!

As a side note: Please don’t judge me on my singing ability…you’ll remember from the post a few days ago that I’ve already admitted I can’t sing!!


4 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi - I'm a She Speaks gal, just visiting. Love your blog. And your cutie kids too.

3 weeks until She Speaks!

lifelaughterchaos said...

ok. it's getting a little too wierd. I'm a super not morning person. i snooze forever and then race around to get Dakota ready for school in 15 minutes flat. he's an amazing kids and is always ready in 15 minutes.

wow, prepared eggs and bacon every morning!! my poor kids have cereal without milk.

oh yea. 1 more weird thing. i love my coffee in the morning with some french vanilla creamer.

we are different in that i don't sing in the morning. i can sing, but i do not feel like it as i am eating eggs. perhaps i should try it and it will give me a different perspective!

ps. verses in eggs? yea, you definitely are a southern belle.

Jami said...

Oh Cyndie that is great!!

Just taking that first step out of bed is tortuous - I agree!!

See you soon!!! I'll be looking for ya at the conference! :)

Lysa TerKeurst said...

I think your singing is great! Maybe that should be our walk in song I've been in search of. Just kidding...

Can't wait to meet you at She Speaks!

Blessings!