Thursday, August 28, 2008

Drum-Roll Please...

Now, I know you all spent a sleepless night tossing and turning over what big project I've been up to (admit it...you know you did)!:)

Well, okay, maybe you didn't; but in an attempt to humor my pathetic efforts at creativity, let me unveil my latest creation....

But first!

Let me start by explaining to you what in the world my bathroom window has to do with chip clips...stay with me now.

You see, since I'm such a classy girl, I hung a piece of fabric over my bathroom window while I attempted to figure out how in the world I would change this blessed piece of fabric into an actual curtain. In hanging it up, I found that the best way to hang it was by using my chip clips to attach the fabric to the blinds.

Needless to say, one thing led to another and the project soon became a "Gee, I still need to do that" project.

That was like 8 months ago!

I finally took the fabric down this past weekend when I realized that I was hosting a baby shower at my house and it might be slightly tacky to have my guests see my fabric hanging from the window with a big blue chip clip.

But, a new day has dawned and I have finally decided to haul out the sewing maching and its handy dandy manual and figure out how in the world to make this fabric into a latrine masterpiece!

Now, I know most of you would have had this project done in 20 minutes, but that's just not my style.

Nope...it took me about 10 hours. Stop laughing...it's true.

I know, I know...a "wife of noble character makes linen garments and coverings for her beds."

Ya da ya da ya da....

Hmm...somehow that character trait skipped a generation for me.

I personally have always clung to the verse that says "she sees that her trading is profitable and her lamp does not go out at night." (Translation...It's biblical to stay late into the night while looking for bargains at TJ Maxx).

Nevertheless, I digress...

The bottom line is that this is nothing short of a miracle!

I have actually taken down the chip clips and hung up a real curtain complete with liner and trim!

You go girl! (Gee, thanks)!

I fully expect to be darning my socks by the weeks' end!

Won't that just be a blog worth reading!:)

Drum-roll Please....

The curtain that took me 8 months and many stale chips to create...

Dum, dum, dum....


Not too shabby, if I do say so myself:)!

4 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

You go girl! Not too shabby at all.

~Luke

nanadar said...

Cyndie,
I knew you had chip bag clips, didn't know you had a sewing machine!! The "window treatment" looks wonderful. You are the best & most creative daughter-in-law we have in NC!! Now maybe you can come up with another use for those bag clips .... maybe for some gormet chips!! ;-)

Melodie said...

Cindy...you crack me up!!!!! What a beautiful curtain. I had to pay someone to do it for me. You have a beautiful example of what true tenacity can do...even after eight months!!! On to the next room!!!!
Blessings,
Melodie

Jami said...

very very cute. I'm seriously impressed!