Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On the road again...

Well, the big summer tour is drawing to a close.

It's been a great three weeks. We've had many laughs; some tears and our fair share of 'Food Shack' stops along the way.

The final stop on the tour has now brought my minivan all the way from NY to central Florida where we've enjoyed visiting Nana and Bop (my grandparents). We've had a great few days in the pool and soaking up the sun.

I will admit that the trip here was pretty rough. My mom had graciously agreed to travel with us from NY and I am so grateful she was there. We had 2 very cranky boys in the back seat and a packed car. We had more diaper blowouts than I'd like to count and malfunctioning car seats. The two day experience took its toll and when we got here we all crashed for a bit.

When I recounted the experience to Donn back home, he said, "Well, at least you'll have some good stories for the blog."

Nope...that's not going to happen. You see, I have virtually blocked out those 48 hours from my memory. I refuse to re-live them and therefore I won't make you suffer through hearing about them.

I must admit that God has a sense of humor however. Despite all of the issues along the journey here, I was driving down the highway and heard Brekyn all of a sudden declare from the backseat,

"Livin' the dream baby...livin' the dream."

"Is that right Brekyn? Is this the dream?"

Praise God he had such a positive outlook about the drive.

We will now pack up the minivan for one last time and tool on down the highway toward our cozy home and the open arms of "Daddy". Please pray as we spend all day Wednesday travelling.

What a trip it's been!

"Livin' the dream baby...livin' the dream!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better believe I'll be praying for traveling mercies -- I miss my other family!!

Anonymous said...

I'm exhausted too! Please come home so I can rest! HA!What memories you have made with your little ones, as they will never forget and share with their families. You are the MOM! (BOMB)

Meg Lambert said...

I don't know why but sometimes I can't read your blog at all. It lets me view the first few lines or your newest post and as I scroll down the post dissapears! Maybe its my computer! Anyways, I just caught up with the past few posts and it looks like you've been buys! Sounds like your vacation has been fun. I'll be praying for your trip today. xxoo Meghan