Monday, February 23, 2009

Home Again, Home Again....

We made it!:)

We're back home and doing well.

As weird as it sounds; despite the fact that we were going to NY for a funeral; we had an amazing weekend!

I don't think I could describe to you what a special funeral this was.

Donn's grandmother was a true God-honoring woman and her funeral was nothing short of a celebration of her life of service to the Lord.

It was one of the most inspirational days of my life. Sitting back and hearing all of the stories of her lifetime and her devotion to God just rejuvinated my spirit.

Combine all of that with the fact that I spent a good 10 hours reading various devotional books while on my way to NY and it was the makings for an amazing time.

Sure, the trip was waaaayyyy too long (coupled with a few run-ins with snowy roads); but how can a person complain when they get to spend the weekend honoring the God who gives us life and then gives us eternal life....

there's just nothing better than that!

Happy Monday! Well, for 20 more minutes...then Happy Tuesday!:)

No comments: