Friday, February 27, 2009

An Angel...

Today an angel came to my door. She was wearing a pastel pink t-shirt and denim jeans. She had beautiful blonde hair that was pulled up in a simple little barrette. She had a smile and a look of compassion as she handed me a decaf mocha with skim and no whip from Starbucks.

Today an angel called me on the phone. She had a tremendous British accent as she spoke of love and God's sovereignity. She read me a scripture verse and told me that I am loved. She hugged me through the telephone line.

Today many angels sent me a card. It said "Jesus Loves You" on the front and it was signed with many thoughts, prayers and smiles from the ladies in my life. I teared up to realize the amazing friends the Lord has placed in my path.

Today an angel brought dinner to my house. An amazing feast complete with pie and rolls. A dinner much more extravagant than my precious family would be getting right now and my heart sang as I thought of the preparation that this dear Sister put into making my day a bit easier.

Today I am overwhelmed...

Overwhelmed with the Lord's blessing in my life and overwhelmed with the Sisters God has given me.

My child threw up...

He doesn't have some life threatening illness.

He'll be fine anytime now.

The world will keep revolving...

But, my friends felt compassion.

My friends saw a bad day and decided to make it brighter.

My friends became my angels.

Thank you Lord for my angels.

Thank you Lord for my friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ARE blessed! So many angelic friends in your life. Such is the awesome joy of being sisters with gals who love the Lord along with you. They bring splashes of color to a dreary world on days such as what you are experiencing!! Praying for everybody to GET WELL!!!

Dawn L said...

God is so good...I too have had many Angels in my life. Friendship is a wonderful expression of God loving us