Thursday, February 5, 2009

Only 4 Weeks Away!!!

In just a few short weeks we will be leaving the kids behind with Donn’s family and heading off to Liberia, Africa to serve over 400 children in an orphanage.

I would be lying if I said that I was absolutely excited.

I am quite excited, but I must also admit that I am nervous.

Nervous about leaving the kids. Nervous about both Donn and I being so far away, and nervous about whether or not my in-laws will be committed to a looney bin by the time we return (sorry Mom….just being honest)!:)

I guess I am writing all of this today to ask for your continued prayers. God has been incredibly faithful and has provided almost all of the finances that we need for the trip. The visas are on their way, the malaria medicines have been ordered. Everything is absolutely on track, but I know that Satan is also very involved.

I know that the closer we get, the more active Satan will become and I know that as a Mom I will be prone to many rising fears. I have left my kids behind many times before for youth events etc, but it has never been longer than a few days. More importantly, it has never been more than a few hours away. This will be a stretch.

Most of all, please pray that God will transform many lives through this trip. I am certain that He will transform our hearts through what we will encounter and I pray that He also transforms lives of the Liberians that we come in contact with.

I am so grateful for the support that many of you have shown us as we’ve geared up for this adventure and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your prayers. God is SO GOOD and I can’t wait to see what He has in store!

3 comments:

Flamingo said...

you know what is so amazing? we will be in china the same time you are liberia? well, probably so...well, i hope so!

Jennifer said...

I am so excited for you Cyndie! I can't wait to see all God has in store for you and your hubbie...I know it will be life-changing!! Promise to be praying as the day approaches (have to admit, I'd have a hard time leaving those three cuties behind...even with Grandma!!) Have a great week!

Jennifer

Kathleen said...

I will be praying your trip, your sweet kids and your fabulous mom as you serve your Father in heaven. I am so proud of you that you are doing this with small children at home. It has me thinking....I would love to go to Africa and bring the hope of Jesus to children. Be careful, you may want to bring a few home. Blessings.