Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pity Party...

There's just no way around it....today I'm just venting...100% hissy fit....unhappy girl...venting.

My sweet 7 year old woke up at 12am puking his brains out...well, maybe not his brains, but certainly the nice lentel soup that he had at the special Ash Wednesday service at church.

Not only, lentel soup but lentel soup that caught him so off guard that he puked it all the way from his bedroom to mine (for those of you who do not realize the extent of this let's just say that his bedroom is upstairs and mine is downstairs). UGGH!!

Can anyone say carpet cleaner!

The stomach bug has hit full force.

The house is quarantined...the kids are under lock and key.

Elle had it a few weeks ago but not like this. Lord have mercy.

Of course, I was supposed to be at the parent's group that I co-lead today...nope, not gonna happen.

Of course, I was supposed to babysit for a friend tomorrow...nope, not gonna happen...

Of course, we had a youth meeting scheduled at our house for this weekend....

Of course, we had dinner plans with friends that we scheduled over a month ago...

And tragedy of all tragedies - I WAS SUPPOSED TO GO TO IKEA TONIGHT WITH A FRIEND!

You see, Ikea opened in our town last week. I was planning on going when it opened but then we ended up out of town for the funeral. Sooo, plans got pushed back to this week....now this....

As a dear friend of mine says: "Kill me dead now!"

Now, I realize this isn't a tragedy in the scheme of major world issues (in fact, it's probably God sparing me from the pain of being at Ikea with no money to spend) but it still stinks!!!

Here I am....insane decorating fanatic and I haven't even been to ikea yet!!!

Oh yea, one other minor issue....we leave for Liberia in 7 days. Sure would stink to leave for Liberia while having the stomach bug. I would definitely pity the poor dude that gets stuck next to me on that flight!:)

So, if you think to; feel free to pray that we either dodge this stomach bug bullet or that Donn and I both get it NOW!!! Like, T-O-D-A-Y!! Like, I need to get off the computer and go puke kind of thing...I know it sounds like a dumb request but it would be better now than later:!)

Okay, venting over.... have a great day!:)

Me? I'm going to go rub my poor little guy's back while flipping through the Ikea catalog.

SIGH.

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

Oh my.

Lord, I ask for peace and health for Cyndie and Donn. May all the pieces continue to fall into place for their trip. Amen.

~Luke