Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oh Yes I Did!

I hope you all had as wonderful a weekend as we did!

We had a ton of fun at the annual labor day carnival (which is more like chaos times a million).

It's a good ole' fashioned street carnival complete with nasty corn dogs and rides that make you throw up.

I'd say it's like any small town carnival except for one itty bitty fact...it draws in 250,000 people!!! THAT'S RIGHT! 250 THOUSAND!!

It's pure pandemonium to say the least.

Add in temperatures of 95 degrees and a few bad chili burgers and it's just delightful!:)

In all honesty though, I really loved the time with my family.

We had a great time this year and the kids enjoyed free rides (thanks to an amazing family at our church that surprised us with tickets - you know who you are!!).

And of course, the parade was definitely a highlight!

After sitting on the scorching float trying not to sweat my mascara down my face; we finally got word that the parade was beginning and we were about to begin moving.

Keep in mind; at this point, we'd been sitting in the ridiculously hot sun for over an hour.

Just as everyone begins taking their "positions" I smell something...hmmm...what could it be?

You got it!

It was my precious little Elle who decided to wait until this moment to poop in her pants!

I jumped off the float and made the nice man who was driving us let me grab the diaper bag.

Right then and there, little Elle got her first diaper change on the side of the street.

Of course, by this point; mascara is dripping down the side of my head (praise God I had my 'big' sunglasses on!) and the kids are beginning to complain that they're hot and tired.

And yet, somehow, despite a few hissy fits along the street; we managed to make it to the end of the parade without any major meltdowns.


All in all, I'd have to say it was a great day!

More than anything I just couldn't help but sit and think about how blessed I was to be holding my daughter as we celebrated adoption.
God is good!


Notice the wave!:) Oh yes, I did! (well, at least for this picture!)

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

Was that Miss America I just saw!? [smile]

~Luke