Friday, June 12, 2009

A Decade of Memory Lane

In the past 10 years we have:

Become pseudo-Southerners
Watched our dreams come true
Cried two babies into Heaven
Rejoiced with 3 babies held in our arms
Travelled to Euro 2000 with obsessed fans
Watched you learn to downhill ski and then surpass my skills in one day
Been among the first in line at the opening of the initial Southern Dunkin Donuts!
Walked the streets of Charleston hand in hand
Gone to many late-night Bundesliga games
Spent countless hours on soccer fields
Seen God confirm His calling on our lives in ministry
Cried as good friends and family joined Jesus in Heaven
Seen our first “youth kids” have their own babies
Gained a few pounds…then lost them together
Relaxed by countless bonfires
Embraced your redneck tendencies
Watched God heal your ‘heart condition’
Cried together in Liberia
Become regulars at El Valle
Found ‘family’ in our own town
Watched our adoption miracles unfold before our eyes
Fallen in love with our little Liberian Prince
Experienced real ‘church’ in our small groups
Stood on stage with Steven Curtis Chapman
Felt ridiculously old at a Dave Matthews concert
Cried out to God after Becky’s accident- Praised God when she came back to us
Had countless ‘dates’ during CDS afterschool
Put our sweet Snickers to sleep
Cruised in the mustang- then gave in to the mini-van (sigh)
Found our ‘voices’
Screamed in frustration at God’s plan – then realized His ideas were right all along!
Tirelessly torn wallpaper from every wall in our home.
Cuddled on the shores of Lake Pleasant
Dreamed of our days of retirement (in our doublewide)
Finally gotten cable
Learned to make the most amazing carmel popcorn
Laughed till we cried at boys and their gaseous excretions
Dreamed of our ‘lake home’
Learned how to finally do Elle’s hair
Had our first camping adventure
And lived life to the fullest.

Donn, the last decade of my life has far surpassed any dreams I could have ever imagined.

You are my Best Friend, my Love, my Champion, my Warrior and you also happen to be the HOTTEST guy I’ve ever known!

I have grown more in love with you over the past 10 years and, although life has not always been easy, I am forever grateful that God has allowed me to share it with you.

Being your wife is the greatest honor of my life.



I am yours forever.

Happy 10th Anniversary – We did it!! (oh yea, and happy birthday too)!!



Note: NO, I AM NOT PREGNANT!!! I am wearing a 'babydoll' shirt and Donn just happened to put his hand there!! Thanks to my sweet little sister for starting the rumor though! :)

Love,
Cyndie

4 comments:

Carisa said...

That was awesome... Happy Anniversary!!!

:) Carisa

Luke Holzmann said...

Happy Anniversary!

~Luke

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary, Cyndie (and Donn) ;-)
Many many more to come.
Just had our 27th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and oh my had to put our oldest dog Sam down on that day. So through the good times and bad times, love endures and grows, and becomes STRONG!!!
Thanks for sharing.

Annette W. said...

Wow! Happy anniversary. That was incredibly sweet.