Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Memory Lane

As I said yesterday, my goal this summer is to savor every moment and do something FUN every day!! Granted, "fun" may be a label we put on cleaning out the closets on any given day but it's all in your attitude right?? :)

Anyway, in honor of summer being just around the corner (Ayden gets out of school Wednesday) I took a trip down memory lane yesterday while teaching my kids (and also a neighbor child that I am keeping this week) how to make 'Old Fashioned Ice Cream Sandwiches'!
These things are seriously the best ice cream sandwiches ever and as I make them my mind automatically goes back to the days of making them with my Mom. Ahhh....simpler days!

And so, here are the pictures of our blissful day of summer fun!

Stay tuned - tomorrow is Ayden's last day of school and I am planning a "SUMMER'S HERE PARTY" for when he gets home from school! (stole that idea from a friend's blog last summer - thanks Jami!)



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cyndie...those not only look yummo but like so much fun!! I'm checking in on Wednesday...so happy beginning of summer!! Can't wait to read all about y'all's fun this summer - let me know what ideas you come up with...I have my first opportunity to have my newphews with me this summer for a bit (they've just recently moved closer) :) and I certainly don't want to be the boring aunt!! But its been awhile since I entertained 8 and 10 year olds!!