Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Field Trip!!

Today, after we wiped back our tears after our precious Eden left us to return home to NY, we decided to take a little field trip.
You see, my good friend Jennie called and said, "Let's take the kids to watch the planes!"

Now, originally, Jennie and I had planned on meeting to plan some stuff for the Mom's group that we Co-Direct, but then Jennie said something about picnic, airplanes and Starbucks all in the same sentence so I did as any sane Mom would do and said, "FORGET THE MEETING!" She had me at 'Starbucks.'

We loaded up the kids...and headed off to a plane overlook (that ironically I didn't know existed until today). Apparently Jennie didn't know about it until recently either. She was kindly informed of it by a few security guards who asked her to stop parking in the middle of the road to let her kids watch the planes take off (okay, slight exxageration but you get the point).

Anyway; minus one Starbucks bandit (who apparently snatched Brekyn's chocolate milk when I set it down on a table to help him with something) we had a very lovely day! Praise God the Starbucks bandit didn't try to take my Decaf Mocha with Skim and No Whip! I actually saw a police dog at the airport....anybody messes with my mocha and I swear I'm callin' the dogs!

By the way, please don't tell my studly hubbie that I enjoyed a lovely mocha (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). We both started a diet on Monday and ironically, mochas are not part of it! The poor man just texted me to tell me that he's starving and forgot his afternoon bananna! Funny thing....I'm not hungry at all! (Note to self: mochas really are quite filling!)

But alas, I have digressed :) !
I now leave you with pictures of our lovely summer morning!
Elle was less than impressed with the planes...mostly she liked the picnic. There's a shock...I know.Gracie was also less than impressed with the planes...(hmm...maybe next time Jennie and I should leave the kids home!) In the wise words of my grandpa, "Next time I bring you, I'm leavin' ya home!"
Brekyn's friend Aidan loved the planes so much he was unwilling to take his eyes off of them to take a picture!
This is how two girls (who are less than impressed with planes) look after a field trip to the airport. Oh and 'yes' Elle is naked in this picture. Don't ask...with a completely dry diaper she was somehow able to manage to get her dress soaked! I'm seriously wondering if the Starbucks bandit poured the chocolate milk on her as he ran off into the shadows. Hmm....

Have a great day!!

No comments: