Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mixed Blessings??

So, I woke up to the words, "Mom...my nose is bleeding" the other night at 2am.
Actually, let me rephrase that.
I vaguely opened my eyes and remember saying something along the lines of "Ayden, get some tissues and then you can sleep on our floor."

Truthfully, I don't really have a clue what I said, but apparently I am told those were my words.
The fact is, 2am is just not a time that I function well - 4am maybe...5am...definitely....2am - not so much.

Either way, when my eyes did actually open and the blood began pumping back into my body the next morning; I awoke to see my little 7 year old asleep on my floor with his pillow covered in blood spots.

Now, before you panic (or decide that I'm the world's worst mom) please know that this is a pretty typical occurence...Doctor's say it has something to do with allergies. Either way, I immediately began spraying down the pillowcase with stain stick and threw the pillow in the trash.

That is when I noticed the blessing.


Hey, what can I say?

My kids are just so amazing that when they have nosebleeds, their blood stains form into the shape of hearts!

HA!

Oh well, at least it made the process of cleaning the blood up bearable!

Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

[smile] I had a lot of nose bleeds as a child, and they still happen fairly often... but mine never were in the shape of a heart. You are blessed!

~Luke