Monday, September 28, 2009

Little Bit Longer....

I am reminded that the Lord's plans are mysterious and that often we can't begin to understand His ways.

We arrived here for my grandmother's funeral late last week and have just finished two days of celebrating her life and legacy. It was a truly remarkable time to sit and listen to all of the ways she has touched people's lives.

I pray that I will never forget these days. As hard as they have been, I can't help but be grateful for all that I have been given in my Godly grandparents.

Unfortunately, on Saturday night (as we prepared for my grandmother's viewing the next day), we received a call that Donn's grandmother had just had a massive heart attack and had passed away. Donn's parents live just 30 minutes away so we jumped in the car and arrived at the hospital to be with his family.

Needless to say, we're tired, emotional and yet grateful for the fact that we were actually here for once. So often, we have missed out on these times because we have always lived so far away.

And so, we will stay here for a bit longer and prepare to celebrate Donn's Nana's life on Wednesday.

I can't pretend to always understand all of God's ways but I do know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are perfect. He knows.

Thanks so much for all your prayers. They are so appreciated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just another spot for me to tell you that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
all of you.
love
lauren

Dawn L said...

Cyn,
Please tell Donn I am so sorry for his loss. I am glad that you were so close by so you both could be there with his family. I will continue to be praying for you guys during this hard week. Travel safely when you go home as you will be very tired I am sure. God's timing is perfect...Find comfort in knowing your savior is with you always!
Much love,
Dawn

Jennifer said...

Please know I will have all you in my prayers this week - praying that the Comforter is very real to all of you through all the moments in the days ahead!