Monday, September 14, 2009

Shave Your Legs Mentalities...

Let me just say it...we should crave studying God's Word.

We should.

But most of the time I'll admit that I don't look at it that way.

Sometimes I take the "shaving my legs attitude" when reading the Bible.

Track with me here...

As women, we know that we are forced to shave our legs.

Sure, sometimes we miss a day here or there (or maybe a bit more - shhh) but ultimately, we finally pick up the razor and shave away all the stubble.

It's nothing that we enjoy doing but when it comes down to it we will eventually give in and reach for the razor.

Sometimes that's how I approach my time with God. I'm not particularly excited about opening up my bible and quieting myself in front of my Father, but ultimately I realize I need Him and I'll buckle down and reach for my Bible.

At least that's how it's been until recently.

You see, up until this past summer, I was really in a funk with God. Sure, I was still reading and I was certainly praying, but I had lost my passion. As I mentioned in an earlier post, when I realized what was happening I hit my knees and began praying for God to let me see the world through His eyes.

About that same time in my life, I was introduced to the book 'Crazy Love' by Francis Chan. Many of you may have seen it in my sidebar for a while now. This book has called me on like no other book ever has (short of the Bible).

It has rejuvinated my spirit and reminded me of what life is really about.

This morning I was blessed to sit with some of the best ladies in the world and study this amazing book as we relate it to our lives and our calling as Godly women.

After an incredible study, I then came home and found the following devotional in my inbox (from Proverbs 31 writer, Tracie Miles). Click here for devotional.

God is moving here ladies. God is moving in a big way!

How are you living for Christ? Are you living "recklessly" and "Crazy In Love" or are you living with a "shave your legs" mentality.

Let's reclaim the joy and beauty of being Women of God!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so excited for you...I love it whenever someone senses God moving!!

And LOVE LOVE your family photo!! You are just too cute:)

Flamingo said...

why can't i just come to a blog and be entertained? why do i have to be stretched or prodded?

ps. ok. so how many cute family pictures do you have? we have none. We haven't even had one since BEFORE lil' rocker was born!

Angela said...

I just finished that book, too. It was so convicting. Francis Chan grew up around the corner from me!