Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Race Well Run...

Today my Nana ran the final lap of a race well run.

It was a final lap that was slow and peaceful and well earned.

It was a lap that led her straight into her Savior's arms where she has longed to be her entire life.

If was a lap that left behind an amazing Godly husband of 68 years and a family that is devestated with their loss...yet it was a lap that she earned with all of her heart.

I cry to think of her standing before our Lord right now - dancing with Jesus with a smile on her face and a sparkle in her eye.

We love you Nana. You are already missed more than you'll ever understand and yet I am rejoicing to know that you are in your real home now.

You have run the race well.

"Well done thy good and faithful servant."

3 comments:

Mom said...

Your Blog which I read every day was especially poignant and beautiful today.

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah that we can rejoice with your grandmother who is in the presence of our Lord and Savior. She is joined by a great cloud of witnesses, and there is such comfort and peace in knowing that. I am praying for the Lord's joy to shine through in this time of earthly sorrow. I just can't help but thinking -- maybe Nana is talking with my parents and they're all enjoying sweet fellowship....

Love and hugs and prayers for safe travel for you all.

Deb said...

I heard from Becky of your Nana's relocation and home coming! I know you all will miss her terribly, but what a wonderful legacy she has left. I just pray that I too can run my race and finish it with such grace and glory! May we all praise our Heavenly Father and Jesus, our Lord and Savior for the wonderful work done in her life! I'll be praying for you all as you go through this transition in your family.