Friday, September 11, 2009

Mother of the Year.....NOT!

So, the "Mother of the Year Crew" stopped by my house again today and deemed me unworthy of ANY awards!

SIGH.

You see, I woke up this morning to the sound of my oldest son choking back tears as he stood by my bedside and said, "Mom....the toothfairy didn't come last night! I think she forgot me!"

Uggh...

Clearly, adrenaline is better than any caffeine out there because my body shot into alert mode and I sat straight up in bed trying to collect my thoughts and give my little boy an excuse.

"Umm...Ayden, I'm sure she didn't forget you! Maybe she had a really busy night...maybe her wings are in the repair shop...maybe...."

"Oh no Mom! Maybe it's because my tooth is too yellow!!!" He said between sobs. "Does the tooth fairy reject the yellow teeth?"

This is the point in the story where you insert the knife into my chest and twist it around 4 times.

And then my brilliance kicked in.

"I KNOW AYDEN!! It's not because your tooth was too yellow or because the tooth fairy forgot! It's just beacause of Labor Day!"

"What??" Ayden said as he looked at me through his tear stained little brown eyes.

"Labor Day! You know! Remember how the garbage was supposed to be picked up yesterday but they didn't pick it up because they're a day behind schedule from the Labor Day Holiday? It's just like that!! The tooth fairy must have taken Monday off also and now she's a day behind schedule!"

And with that my little brown eyed toothless boy said, "Oh yea...that makes perfect sense!"

He then walked out of the room mumbling, "I sure hope I get paid extra for having to wait a day longer."

Double Sigh....

This dumb toothfairy thing is getting really tricky. We're only on tooth 6.

How many teeth do kids have in their mouths?!

Is there some subsription service you can sign up for to be sure you actually remember to have the tooth fairy stop by at night!

Lord have mercy.

7 comments:

Melodie said...

Sweet Cyndie:
You keep me in stitches. You are the funniest. You react to the simplest things of life with such humor. You should look into becoming a Christan comedian. The place would be packed every night.

Carisa said...

apparently the tooth fairy is scared to visit the ghetto too. She's missed P at least 3 times, he's used to it now!!!!

We have some glorious excuses too ;)

Carisa

Kathleen said...

I am still laughing while I type...I am glad we are not the only family who has tooth fairy "no shows". So much guilt in parenthood. Great save!!!!

casey said...

I just laughed outloud at this post :)!!!! Great answer friend....alas, I'm sure someday when teeth are being lost over here, I will forget too...and then I will remember all your brilliant answers :)!

love you!! case

Jennifer said...

I definitely think the payoff is higher on Labor Day!! Gotcha!! :)

Anonymous said...

You deserve the mother of the year award for that!! Oh my!!! I would have never thought of the Tooth fairy taking off a holiday!!!!!
Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

According to my middle child, the tooth fairy missed his teacher's house every time she had another baby. She must have quite a few kids by now!